NV Practice Tests
Our permit practice tests in learning mode have 25 random questions based on the handbook and real NV DMV tests. After each question, you have access to instant feedback with detailed explanations.
How should you study? Well, your first step is to get the latest version of the Nevada Driver’s Manual. When you’ve studied the handbook, you can use these practice tests to check your progress and level of readiness.
The passing score in Nevada is 80 percent, which means you should be able to answer at least 20 questions correctly. It is a good idea to aim a little higher on a practice test. Take enough tests to make sure you can reach a score of 92 percent with ease.
Nevada Knowledge Test
Who Must Take the Test?
New drivers who have never been licensed in the U.S. are required to take and pass a written knowledge test.
The following drivers are typically also required to pass the knowledge test:
- Licensed in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory or foreign country.
- Licensed in the U.S. and less than 21 years of age.
- Licensed in the U.S. but without a license in their possession.
- Three or more moving violations in the last 4 years.
- Any suspension, revocation, cancellation or other disqualification in the last 4 years.
- Any DUI conviction within the past 7 years.
- License restrictions that require reevaluation of driving skills.
- Renewing an instruction permit expired more than 30 days.
- Renewing a license expired more than one year.
- Reinstatement with six or more moving violations within the last 4 years.
- Reinstatement when license was suspended, revoked, denied or cancelled more than one year.
- Reinstatement when the applicant was at fault in any accident during the 1-year period immediately preceding the date of reinstatement.
Note that the DMV may require any driver to take all tests depending on factors such as driving history or medical conditions.
Nevada Knowledge Test
The purpose of the Nevada knowledge test is to determine your understanding of highway signs and markings, traffic laws and safe driving practices. All questions are based on the information in the Nevada Driver’s Handbook.
When you take the test for a basic Class C license you should expect 50 multiple-choice questions. You must correctly answer at least 40 questions (80%) to pass.
Knowledge tests are available on touch-screen computers in English and Spanish. The touch-screen systems also offer audio-based testing. If you have problems reading or understanding a written test, you may request an oral examination.
You must pay a fee for your initial knowledge test. Additional fees are charged for any retests needed, so it is a good idea to get it right the first time.