Nevada Driver License and Permit Practice Tests
Every practice test has random 25 questions. After each question, you will see the correct answer and an explanation. You will also see how others answered the question.
The database has more than 500 questions for your practice tests. Not two tests are completely identical.
Answers to all questions are found in the Nevada Driver Handbook. We recommend that you start by reading this handbook.
The handbook covers Nevada’s traffic laws, road signs, signals, and pavement markings. It gives you information on driving under the influence and defensive driving tips. The handbook also gives you tips about handling your vehicle in any given situation.
You can get a copy of the handbook at your nearest DMV office or download it from the DMV website.
How Many Questions are on the Nevada Knowledge Test?
On the real knowledge examination, you must correctly answer 40 out of 50 questions. Passing score is 80%.
The practice tests have only 25 questions. On each practice test, you should aim for a score of 92% or more. This gives you a very good chance of passing the real exam the first time.
Read more: How to Ace the DMV test.
Who Must Take the Nevada Knowledge Test?
If you are a new driver, who has never been licensed in Nevada or the United States before, you must take and pass the written knowledge test.
The following drivers must also pass the knowledge test:
- Licensed in Puerto Rico, a U.S. territory or foreign country.
- Licensed in the U.S. and less than 21 years of age.
- Any driver licensed in the U.S. but without a license in their possession.
- A driver with three or more moving violations in the last 4 years.
- Any suspension, revocation, cancellation or other disqualification in the last 4 years.
- Any DUI conviction within the past 7 years.
- License restrictions that require reevaluation of driving skills.
- Renewing an instruction permit expired more than 30 days.
- Renewing a license expired more than one year.
- A driver with six or more moving violations within the last 4 years who wishes to reinstate the license.
- Reinstatement when license was suspended, revoked, denied or cancelled more than one year.
- Reinstatement when the driver was at fault in any accident during the 1-year period immediately preceding the date of reinstatement.
Note that the DMV examiner can ask any driver to take all tests again, depending on factors such as driving history or medical conditions.
What You Should Know about Nevada Knowledge Test
The purpose of the Nevada knowledge test is to determine your understanding of highway signs and markings, traffic laws and safe driving practices. You can find all necessary information to pass the test in the Nevada Driver’s Handbook. This why we strongly recommend you that you get a copy and read it.
The test has 50 multiple-choice questions. You must correctly answer at least 40 questions (80%) to pass.
You can take the test on a computer with touch-screen. Tests are available in English and Spanish. The computer system also offers audio-based testing, if you need it.
If you have trouble reading or understanding a written test, ask for an oral examination. It is a good idea to contact your local office a day or two ahead of your exam.
You must pay a fee for your initial knowledge test. You must also pay a new fee every time you need to take the test again. It is a good idea to get it right the first time.
Use these practice tests to check if you are ready or not. Don’t attempt the real test too soon. Good luck!